n8 Speech Pathologist, Ruth Glanville, has been working in Echuca for over 10 years. Ruth offers assessment and therapy sessions from the centre on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
As well as offering nursing home and school visits within Echuca and the surrounding district.
Ruth achieved her Speech Pathology degree at Charles Sturt University in 2003. For eight years Ruth was based at Echuca Regional Health and worked across a variety of clinical settings.
Ruth is a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist (CPSP) and a member of the Speech Pathology Association of Australia, has a strong knowledge and confidence in working with a variety of clients.
Many people in the community have difficulty listening, understanding or speaking as well as reading and writing. Speech Pathologists also work with people who have difficulty eating and/or drinking. Ruth offers assessment and therapy for:
– Delayed & disordered speech development
– Delayed & disordered language development
– Early pre-reading & pre-spelling skills (phonological awareness)
– Voice disorders
– Swallowing disorders
– Education and training sessions
– Communication & swallowing following neurological events (i.e. stroke, head injury)
Ruth is also a Registered Panel provider for families under the‘Better Start for Children with Disabilities’ and ‘Helping Children with Autism’ initiatives. As well as being a Registered NDIS Provider.
How much therapy and how often it is needed varies with every person. The options available are discussed with you and you can decide the therapy goals (what you want to achieve) and the frequency of sessions depending on what you need and how often you need to attend.
Reports are written on request and charged at a set rate.
– Fees are always discussed with clients prior to the initial consultation. Please feel free to ask Reception what the current fee schedule is. These are subject to change with notice.
– Speech Pathology fees in this practice generally do not include GST.
– If you have private health insurance with the relevant extras cover, speech pathology fees may be claimed. People are advised to check with their health insurance providers to determine their cover for Speech Pathology.
– Some Medicare rebates may be available for people with chronic & complex care needs being managed by their GP under an Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan. Ruth is a registered Medicare provider.
– Some Medicare rebates may also be available to people undergoing assessment and therapy for Autism Spectrum Disorder. Further information can be found at the DSS website
– n8 speech pathology is a registered DVA (Department of Veteran’s Affairs) provider.
– Payment is required on the day. Our centre accepts EFTPOS, HICAPS, visa/mastercard, cash or cheque.
Articles, Tips & Ideas from Ruth:
If you are not satisfied with out service, please contact us and we will aim to resolve them quickly and fairly.
If you remain dissatisfied with out response, you may contact the Health Complainets Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health servies and the handlilng of health information in Victoris. Their service is free, confidential and impartial. To lodge a complaint with the HCC:
- Fill out a complaint form online at hcc.vic.gov.au or
- Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am & 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.